Earthwatch Fellowship

My photo
This blog will follow my adventures as an Earthwatch teacher fellow working on a research study called, Climate Change and Caterpillars in Arizona.

Friday, July 15, 2016

They are not kidding when they say it's hot...

I have arrived in Tucson and am spending the weekend before I meet up with my team!
I had a nice flight to Phoenix (about 5 hours) then I rented a car and drove to Tucson (about an hour and a half. It was an interesting drive- so flat!! It really is the desert!
I have to admit I stopped at an outlet mall. They had fans outside on the walkways and places you could go to be "misted" with water!


My hotel is nice. I had dinner at that cafe'- quesadillas. Lots of Mexican food here-delicious.


The vegetation is so different. Look at the trees- what differences do you see? Why are they so different?


The houses are really different too. I like this one:) They are small and have flat roofs. Why are ours slanted? What does that say about the climate in New England compared to here in Arizona?



Tomorrow I am going to walk around downtown then go to the art museum when it gets too hot!
Hope everyopne has a fun weekend- use your sunscreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment