Earthwatch Fellowship

My photo
This blog will follow my adventures as an Earthwatch teacher fellow working on a research study called, Climate Change and Caterpillars in Arizona.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

A cacti fairy land

A wonderful day in Arizona. In the morning I went to a park in the city then to the Art Museum. It was really nice with western themed art, plus Native American pottery and Navajo rugs.


This afternoon and Evening I went to Saguaro National Park. The Saguaro cacti are those tall ones with the arms you see when you think about the desert. 



I was surprised at how dense the plants were- and so many different kinds! I hiked a little but not too much as it was very hot- heard it was hot in Ashburnham too:)  I saw a bunny and a couple of little lizards too. Lots of birds!
It was nice to be in a national park as they are celebrating their 100 anniversary this year! This is the Visitors Center.
I am really looking forward to meeting my Earthwatch team tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment